Saturday, November 30, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 5:56 AM
Greetings Bloggers and here we are celebrating again! How did that happen?
The rules of CTST if you can call them that, are simple: post celebrations in your blog, sign up on the linky, and hop around and celebrate! The Celebrations can be as small as you like.
This week I have been thankful for:
-Very supportive and loving family
- Patience and encouragement
- wonderful week
- Understanding friends
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving Day but we celebrate Christmas instead.
To all Americans, Happy Thanksgiving Day
Friday, November 29, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 12:10 PM
- What was your favorite Thanksgiving moment this year? - we don't celebrate Thanksgiving Day, we celebrate Christmas instead. We have exchange gifts, family bonding and going to the church together.
- Are you decorating your home for the holidays this weekend? - yes we decorate our home, we always put Christmas lights and other Christmas decorations.
- Do you plan on doing any Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping? -
I love Christmas and one of my wish is to experience white Christmas, I want to make a very big Snow Man.
O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
Pictures credit to google
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 3:04 AM
Our Company Christmas Party will be on December 21, 2013 at Decagon Silver City, Theme for this year is Masquerade. I'm so excited and I started looking for a costume that will goes with my personality and will fit my budget as well.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 3:56 AM
Whenever I'm down, I always think this phrase " God will not give us what we cannot handle" it encourage me a lot. I know God gave me trials to remind me that he is always there with me to guide and bless me. I admit that sometimes I got so busy with my work and I had no time to attend mass, I neglect my duty as a son of God.
There are times that I feel that I'm drowning and there's no one to help me,also there was circumstances in my life that was so overwhelming and my world is falling apart.
God is so good, he always touch my heart and he let me feel that I'm not alone. In return I never lose hope, I made it to the point that I remain positive in life. Whatever problem I encountered I just pray to God and ask to give me strength and encouragement always.
God is waiting for us to open our hearts to him and we should let him in wholeheartedly.
Monday, November 25, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 5:52 AM
Book that inspire me this week,worth reading.
Do It Yourself Project, I will try this one
What are the things that Inspires you this week?
credit to Pinterest and All Recipe
Posted by Michie Scott at 3:28 AM
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 3:43 AM
Empire State Building shine their lights in the colors of our Philippine Flag to show their support for Typhoon Haiyan's victim. Thank you so much NY
I'm inspired with this quote and I will work hard to achieve my dreams and ambitions in life.
Please pray for Typhoon Haiyan's victim.
Monday, November 18, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 11:41 AM
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.
1. What’s your favorite candle scent? - Lavender
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? - Drew Barrymore
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? - Johnny Depp
4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? - not sure
5. Do you know a hoarder? - nope
6. Can you do a split? - no
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? - i don't know how to ride a bike
8. How many oceans have you swam in? - 3 to 5
9. How many countries have you been to? - 1
10. Is anyone in your family in the military? - none
11. Have you named any of your body parts? - yeah
12. If you had a child today, what would you name him/her? - Beatrice
13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test? - 75
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? - Rugrats
15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? - pumpkin
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? - yeah
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? - both
18. Did your mother go to college? - yes
19. Are your grandparents still married? - my grandfather is dead already
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons? - nope
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? - yeah
22. What was the first amusement park you’ve been to? - Star city
23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? - English and French
24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray? - gray
25. Is your father bald? - nope
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 12:00 AM
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 2:45 AM
Categories Current Events
Friday, November 15, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 8:57 PM
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 12:04 PM
Super Typhoon Yolanda Lashes Philippines
Typhoon Haiyan (known in the Philippines as Typhoon Yolanda) is the second-deadliest Philippine typhoon on record, killing at least 2,344 people. The thirtieth named storm of the 2013 Pacific typhoon season, Haiyan originated from an area of low pressure several hundred kilometers east-southeast of Pohnpei in the Federated States of Micronesia on November 2.
Tracking generally westward, environmental conditions favored tropical cyclogenesis and the system developed into a tropical depression the following day. After becoming a tropical storm and attaining the name Haiyan at 0000 UTC on November 4, the system began a period of rapid intensification that brought it to typhoon intensity by 1800 UTC on November 5. By November 6, the Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) assessed the system as a Category 5-equivalent super typhoon on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale; the storm passed over the island of Kayangel in Palau shortly after attaining this strength.
Thereafter, it continued to intensify; at 1200 UTC on November 7, the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) upgraded the storm's maximum ten-minute sustained winds to 235 km/h (145 mph), the highest in relation to the cyclone. At 1800 UTC, the JTWC estimated the system's one-minute sustained winds to 315 km/h (195 mph), unofficially making Haiyan the fourth most intense tropical cyclone ever observed.
Several hours later, the eye of the cyclone made its first landfall in the Philippines at Guiuan, Eastern Samar, without any change in intensity; if verified, this would make Haiyan the strongest tropical cyclone to make a landfall on record, surpassing the old record of 305 km/h (190 mph) set by Atlantic Hurricane Camille in 1969.
Gradually weakening, the storm made five additional landfalls in the country before emerging over the South China Sea. Turning northwestward, the typhoon eventually struck northern Vietnam as a severe tropical storm on November 10. Haiyan was last noted as a tropical depression by the JMA the following day.
The cyclone caused devastation in the Philippines, particularly on Samar Island and Leyte, where the governor estimated that at least 10,000 people may have died in the city of Tacloban alone.
According to UN officials, about 11 million people have been affected and many have been left homeless.
Please pray for the Filipinos who are affected by Typhoon Yolanda. God Bless our country.
You can also check my previous post Typhoon Yolanda Lashes Philippines
credit to the owner of the video and Wikipedia
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 9:39 AM
Posted by Michie Scott at 9:06 AM
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the Philippines, I will just share with you the things that we always do during Christmas day.
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
My family celebrates Christmas on my grandma's house. We exchange gifts, eat together on Christmas Eve.
2. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
My grandma cooks Barbecue,Spaghetti,bacon, ham and my aunt always prepare Fruit Salad.
3. What is a Thanksgiving tradition you and your family have?
We attend mass together,exchange gift and we will watch movie together with my aunt and cousins.
4. Show us a favorite Thanksgiving picture(or 5) from years past.
Ice Cream, yum yum
5. What are you most looking forward to about this Thanksgiving?
I'm excited to see my cousins, to give my christmas presents to my family and friends.
Monday, November 11, 2013
Posted by Michie Scott at 10:07 AM
Very colorful centerpiece
Now it’s time to share your inspirations! You can participate in Inspire Me Monday in the following ways:
1) Share “What’s Inspiring You” by creating your own Inspire Me Monday post! You can include any creative challenges you’ve discovered – any books or quotes you love – any bloggers who have inspired you – anything that has inspired you and will inspire us too!
2) Share your creative projects with us! You’re welcome to link up your Arts & Crafts projects – your Recipes – your DIY, Home Décor and Organizational Ideas – your original Writing, Music & Photography – you get the idea!
3) Visit the participants – share some comment love – let them know what’s inspired you!
When you link up, be sure to include the Inspire Me Monday button and a link back to this post on all of your entries so that your readers can join the fun! The blog code is on the side bar if you need it!
Be sure to link directly to your Inspire Me Monday Posts and Creations using the permalink to the individual posts – not your blog’s home page URL – so that participants can easily find and comment on your creations!
The party will remain open all week so have fun sharing – inspire me with your comments – and please, use the social media buttons below the post to spread the word!
Posted by Michie Scott at 8:24 AM
One of the strongest typhoon in history lashes Philippines last November 8, 2013. More than 700,000 Filipinos forced to flee their homes.
Tacloban was truly affected,they are devastated by Storm surge.
They are waiting for their food supplies
Let's help our kababayan by giving donations.